Thursday, April 3, 2008

True Friend!

Tomorrow is my last day at Bickford. I am so nervous! Everyone has asked me if I was excited or ready for the change. Honestly... I'm not, but I am! I am so scared. I have never done anything like this before. I am more then willing to put forth the effort though, just scared. I have a really good friend that recommended me, I can't thank him enough!!!! Michael Marion, for him to stand behind me makes me feel honored. He is my best friends husband, dedicated father, and true leader. I'm not sure about the conversations that him and my "soon to be boss" have had about me, but obviously he saw something in me that my own boss didn't. And thats dedication. I "sold" myself to Kelley Hutchinson to get the Labor Ready position and he saw what Mike saw. Now I have to not only talk the talk, but walk the walk.
I know that I can do ANYTHING I put my mind to! I'm not one to give up but like I said, I'm scared. After today, it really hit me. I'm going to miss the girl talks, and the relationships I gained. Giggling with Tamera, and joking around was really hard for me. I am trully going to miss that! I have gained a really good friend and I don't want to lose that! But I have to think about my future and what's best for me. After talking with Ms. X today... I became aware how she was betrade by her "bestfriend". ~What a bestfriend she had. And I don't want to be like Ms. X. I know that I would never betray my friends and neither would they, I just don't want to lose what I have! It is so special to have a person who will listen to you about your problems, connect with, and just be TRUTHFUL!! ~Take a hint, this is true friendship! I know that I will not lose my friends, and I may gain new ones, but I just cherish what I have! SAD.... Yeah... I'm not going to be able to stay away for long!!! Monday after work I'll be back, I can't stay away from my friends! I can't wait for tomorrow!!!

I'm not sure when it happened
But I'm very glad it did
You came into my life when
I really needed a friend

The more I get to know you
The more I know myself
And this is why I'm thankful
For you are just yourself

You and I are different
And in many ways the same
Your good ear, compassionate heart
Will always find you fame

I promise to always be here
Forever and to the end
You are the true definition of
My Very Best Friend!
~Thank you Tamera!!!

1 comment:

DARALYN said...

This was very well articulated about the feelings one has when they change employments. It's not just a job: Its a place and with people with whom you have spent atleast a third of your life in the last several years.

As I tell my kids, "Life is long." Meaning, you will wear lots of hats throughout your life which just adds color to life's tapestry.

By the way, your fear is spot on. That's how it goes :)

Good luck!