Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Good news!

Okay okay okay... Wow... I feel so honored to feel missed :) I miss each and every one of you! I truly am sorry that I have not been keeping contact with everyone and have been so busy. Like I said in the last blog I have been so busy with work that it's really hard for me to keep up and visit!! Again, I'm sorry :) So I thought that I would break down what it's been like for me lately.

Well, as some of you already know approximately 2 weeks ago (? time is disappearing before my eyes?) I was taken out for lunch one Friday after noon with my manager. It was so nice to finally get out of the office for a lunch break! I got to pick and of course I chose STARBUCKS! I must let you all in on a little secret... getting up 5-6 days a week at 4am is NOT easy! Caffeine is my best friend, and with lack of sleep, food means nothing during the day. I find dinner to be my only meal. But I'm still getting my calcium and fat intake with 2 triple non-fat mocha's a day and 2 sugar free red bulls a day. But I will say that I have lost weight! I don't know how much exactly but in the last 2 months I've bought jeans 2 times in smaller sizes and the last pair is now to big!!! Back to the story, so here we are sitting in Starbucks and I'm completely indulged in my coffee when out of no where my manager tells me "Your starting manager training on Monday." WHAT? I mean I was expecting it but I was expecting later down the road not 1 month after I started!!!

So that's where I'm at right now. I have already started my training process... I've personally introduced myself the the customers as the branch manager, started going to on site visits, selling the company. I'm really getting the ball rolling!!! As of August 1st I officially take the title. Although I will not be in the branch for the first month. You see I have to go through a 4 week training course at corp. in Tacoma. It will be Monday-Friday 10hrs each day. The cool part is I will be staying in a hotel over there and it's all expenses paid! So that will be fun... and then in September/October I've herd rumor that we will be going to North Carolina for a week leadership training. Branch managers get to travel all over for training, recently they went to Chicago!! And the cool part is they pay for everything! Some of the Branch Manager let me in on a little secret. If we ever travel somewhere that I want to take a vacation to, I can exchange my return ticket for a later date and just pay for the extra days in the hotel room. So all that I would need to pay is extra days, some food, and Nate's tickets if he chose to come. A whole lot cheaper!!! So I'm excited.... More $$$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The base pay for the position (with out reimbursement of cell phone, mileage, and commission) is $42,000.00 a year! That's triple what I am making now!! I've been waiting for this for a long time!

Well, enough with tooting my own horn. I just wanted to share my exciting news! Oh and my schedule that I have been working is Mon-Sat 4-3 so yeah I am pooped!!!

Love ya all!!!

3 comments:

Tim and Holly said...

Wow! Congrats!! What a neat surprise. :)

Deanne said...

That does sound fantastic! You must be so excited about the big upturn of your work life over the last couple of months...and now this! I think it is cool not only because of the advancement and opportunities, but because you seem to enjoy the work as well (always a big plus!). Congratulations!

Amber said...

Thats great. Congrats!!