Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Happiness

Positive thinking, acting goofy, and throwing a few smiles into the equation makes for a healthy soul.

Today was one of those days for me. It's March 17th, and it seems like it's starting to be spring. I woke up on a good note with the sun shinning. Once again, my chatting buddy and I found another way to pass the time by at the life we like to call Bickford Motors. Oh the joys of memories and stories.

It all started when Tamera told me her and her husband may be purchasing a boat. *The hamster started sprinting* We started reenacting our last couples summers. (This is when I realized boats and I don't get along) Let me take you down memory lane.

July 2007: Nathan and I went on a family trip to Chelan. To our surprise, our friend Andy joined in on the get away. One Saturday we decided to all hang out, ON A BOAT! We had been out on the water for a couple hours, the sun was beating on us. Someone made a suggestion to take a dip in the Lake. Of course I turned out to be the test dumby for the temp of the water. I maneuvered my way to the front of the boat and positioned my self on an edge. After close to 10 minutes of debating weather to jump in, I made the choice to hold my breath and jump. *The waves were not working in my favor* I moved my weight to my feet and began to push. A water cap pulled the boat downward and I had no *PUSH*. Instead of making a graceful leap, I just flopped in. If you can picture what it's like to see a fish flopping it's way from a dry dock to the water, I WAS THE FISH! My foot stayed flat on the edge, it was like my head had all the weight and I just bent over. I hit my knee on the lip and basically bounced down the side. Again... FLOPPING FISH!

May 2007: A group of us once again went to Chelan. We all decided to put our money together and rent a party boat for a couple hours. The wind was blowing and we were having a terrible time. After a group vote we decided to return it early. The way back to the rental place my friend and I were talking about how she was afraid of falling stepping off the boat to the dock. She was 7 months pregnant and we knew that couldn't happen. We reached the dock and decided to let the men get off first to help her off. I told her I would get off before her so she could be the last one off. I made the transfer... however... I step and *WHACK* fell flat on my face! I scrapped my knee and couldn't get my balance. *WOW, ONCE AGAIN, FLOPPING FISH*

Summer 2000: It was my first time ever inner-tubbing. I was doing great, I kept telling my uncle to go "Faster, Faster!" I couldn't breath or speak. I tried to signal to slow down. The second my hand left handle I went flying. We were going so fast I didn't just fly off and enter the water *Of course not, that would have been to easy* Instead I SKIPPED! That's right I said it... I skipped across the water. I was one of those flat round rocks that when you throw them the right way into the water they jump. I skipped across the water 4 times. Strained my back and was out for a few days.

So like I was saying... Being positive, thinking positive, and acting positive makes for good happiness. I hope that this brings a smile to your face at least once!

Remember:
It takes more muscles in your face to frown, then it does to smile. So let's start smiling people!!!

1 comment:

Deanne said...

Well, you certainly gave my face muscles a work out...that was an extremely funny story (and well written, too!). Thanks for starting my morning off with a smile! :-)