Thank you all so much for your support~ I really couldn't be as upbeat about the change with out you all. I think I got a little carried away about everything that I forgot to tell you what Labor Ready really is... Let me try to explain what I know already...
What we do at Labor Ready is simple: We put people to work. Each year, Labor Ready’s branch locations dispatch approximately 600,000 temporary workers to our more than 300,000 customers in a diverse range of industries, including construction, transportation, warehousing, hospitality, landscaping, light manufacturing, distribution and sanitation. Labor Ready is spread across the United States, Costa Rica, United Kingdom, and Canada. This will be good if I ever decide to move to a different state, I can transfer!!!
Basically what it comes down to is if you are working for a company that may be slow for a season we find you work. Or if a person is no longer with a full time company and need work they come to Labor Ready.
Example:
We'll use Nate for a small scenario. Right now things are working great for him, the company has a HUGE line of work. But we'll say for some odd reason the season slows down, and his boss tells him to take the day off. That's when he calls us... That's when we get a hold of our "electric companies" and find work for him that day. He comes in puts in a minimum of 4 hours work and he gets paid for that day of work, at the end of his shift.
That is one example however... the role is reversed. If we have a company that needs a couple workers for a job site because all his crew didn't show up, we would call temporary people like Nate.
And the last example is when a company needs a HUGE group of people to work. During football season Qwest field calls Labor ready to work the vendors, pick up trash, prep the seats, etc. So more then likely I will be managing this years football season.
I hope this is all making sense. I will be able to explain more about it when I start... 7 more days!!! Feel free to ask as many questions you want!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Congratulations on your new job! That sounds awesome. :)
Thanks for the info... That sounds like an exciting and helpful job. So glad for you. You'll be good at it, I can tell!
Congrats!! Thats great!!
Post a Comment