Congratulations to me!!
After a long grewling process, things seem to be looking in a positive direction for me.
This all started about 6 months ago. I started to fill out resumes, applications basicly anything I could get my pretty little hands on to apply for a new job. I had a few things in order as to what I was looking for:
1) I wanted to broadin my horizons
2) I wanted a challenge
3) I wanted a career where when I started my day I didn't know what was to come of it
With these things in mind it opened a lot for me to apply for. However I wasn't going to settle for anything less then I already had. A few opportunities came up, that I actually had interviews for...
1) Working with criminal records in a police station (this was in the direction of the field I wanted to persue). I did not meet the requirements :(
2) Working for a company that makes parts for boeing and space crafts. I was really only applying for this position because the pay and benifits were good. Once again I didn't meet the requirements either.
After the last one I put my pencils down and prayed a lot!! I understood that God had a plan for me and that whatever that may be I was willing to walk down his path. My best friend (and assitant manager) came to me one day telling me her husband had a job opening.
The company is called Labor Ready. They have branches all over the U.S., Canada, United Kingdom, and (as of a few months ago) the middle east. The company is consisted of full time workers who help put part time workers into jobs. (Go figure, I'm looking for a job and one comes up where I would help put people to work ha ha..) The employees we put to hire are Construction workers, Electritions, and even Air Plane line men. It is a work and pay same day employer. (No that is not for me) 90% of the people to come into Labor Ready are people who don't have jobs. Men and women who don't have homes, who need to pay for the motel their staying in that night, a person who just needs to put food on the table for his family. All employees are screened prior to working. So, we hope, that we are not supporting any sort of drug habbit.
Well, last thursday at about 8:30pm I e-mailed a manager for Labor Ready telling them I was interested in applying for a manager position. 5 minutes later he e-mailed me asking me to come in the following day for an interview. WOW... that was fast! I had so much energy running through me I could barely stand myself!
11:00am Friday: I get to the White Center branch 20 min early. Sitting in the waiting room, my leg is bouncing up and down. I hear 2 of the (full time) employees talking and making fun bets about there sales numbers that day. "Who ever pulls the lowest numbers at the end of the day get's a water balloon thrown at them and has to drive home wet!" Oh boy this seems like a fun company to work for. Out comes the District Manager, Kelley Hutchinson. Mr. Hutchinson and I shake hands and walk back to a office. *I hope he couldn't tell I was so nervous* To my surprise he didn't ask me any questions relating to the job. We joked around, he asked how I knew one of the managers, I was shocked. After an hour he told me I was qualified for the position. The only thing that I didn't have working for me is that I didn't have experience in sales. He told me of another position he had available, I could get a feel for the facility, the job, and have a HUGE chance of moving up QUICKLY! He wanted me to go in for a second interview with a girl named Andrea at another location, Monday or Tuesday... "Oh man this is a long process!"
Monday and Tuesday go by and still no now phone call. By Tuesday night I wrote Kelley an e-mail I was still interested in having a second interview for the position. (In hopes that he may put a fire under someones tail to push for an interview) Yesterday I get a phone call from Andrea asking me to come in today for my second interview.
1:00pm Friday: I go into the building this time much less nervous. She was so nice, again we joked around, laughed, and she actually asked me interview questions. She loved most of my answers. She said that the next step was to talk to Kelley tonight and ask him where he wants to place me and for what position. The last question she asked me was... "Do you have to give your job two weeks notice?" I told her I didn't like to burn my bridges, so yes I do. *So does this mean that I have the job?*
I have been going over both postions in my head, weighing options, calculating miles and gas for locations, etc. I know this is a great oppertunity I can not pass over. There are so many options for growth, pay increase, everything. Things may be a little tight for a while but like I said... God has a plan for me and whatever he chooses I will go down his path. I have but my life and faith into him. I really hope this is a start for greatness!
~My life wrapped up in one week...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Attempt to post #2:
Wow Michelle...you have had a whirlwind week! It sounds exciting and full of possibilities. God certainly has a plan for you and I can't wait to see it unfold!
Michelle,
It's funny when you have a desire to persue a path in life, three things usually will occur. Number one, the door either slams shut in your face. Number two, it may not seem very straight forward and you may have to do alot of footwork to get things in motion, of course with no guarantee of success....Number three, it can present itself at your door step with an open invitation....It would seem that this MAY be the 3rd scenario :) Pray and wait, pray and wait....I luv ya boo
Michelle
I think thing will be looking up for you. I know that you have been under extreme stress over the whole job thing. Mike has also told me about some other options he has in mind for you. So things will happen for you. I know they will.........
Wow what a week!? I am happy for you though. It is always nice to find a better paying job. :) Congrats and keep us posted.
Post a Comment